What is the Feed Through Type Barrier Terminal Block？
A Barrier Terminal Block is a common electrical connection device used to connect wires or conductors to a circuit. It usually consists of a plastic or metal housing and multiple metal terminals. Each terminal block has a pressure plate or screw that clamps down on the wire or conductor to connect it safely and securely to the circuit.
Barrier Terminal Block are characterised by compactness, easy installation, firm connections and the ability to be repeatedly dismantled and connected. They are commonly used in industrial automation, Power system traffic signals and household appliances for connecting different types and sizes of conductors and electrical equipment.
Function of Barrier Block Terminals
Feed Through Type terminals are mainly used for electrical connection, they can connect the wire or conductor to the circuit, so that the circuit can work properly. Its main function can be expressed in the following aspects.
- Connecting wires: Feed Through Type terminals can be connected to the wire or conductor, will be safely fixed in the circuit, so as to ensure the reliability and stability of the circuit
- Easy to install and maintain: Because the Feed Through Type terminals have a compact structure and easy to install, so in the installation and maintenance is very convenient
- Prevent short-circuit and fire: Through the use of terminals, the wire or conductor contact area is larger, which can reduce the risk of current overload and short-circuit, thus reducing the possibility of fire.
- Convenient troubleshooting: If the circuit is faulty, the use of Feed Through Type terminals can easily separate the faulty part so that it can be checked and repaired more easily.
So it is not difficult to see, Feed Through Type terminals are indispensable components of the circuit, they have an important role to ensure the reliability and safety of the circuit!
Structure of Barrier Block Terminals
The structure of Feed Through Type terminal block usually includes the following parts.
Shell: usually made of plastic or metal material, used to protect the internal wiring part.
Electrical contact: usually made of copper, copper alloy and other materials made of sheet metal, used to clamp the wire or conductor, so as to achieve electrical connection
Pressure plate: Usually a spring device used to clamp electrical contacts and wires to hold them securely in the terminals.
Marking strip: Used to mark the name or number of the wire or conductor to facilitate identification and management
Connecting conductor part: This is the part that connects the conductor, usually a conductor clamp made of copper, copper alloy and other materials, used to connect the wire or conductor.
Knob: The knob is used to clamp the wire or conductor so that it can be safely connected to the terminal.
Feed Through Type terminals have a simple, compact structure, can achieve a reliable electrical connection, but also has the advantages of easy to install, easy to maintain and so on.
Barrier Block Terminals Specifications
Feed Through Type terminal block specifications can be classified according to its different characteristics, the following is a common classification and its specifications parameters
1. Voltage level: The voltage level is usually 250V, 600V, 1000V, 1200V, etc. Different voltage levels apply to different circuit requirements.
2. Current Rating: The current rating is usually 10A, 20A, 30A, 50A, 100A, 200A, etc. Different current ratings apply to different circuit requirements.
3. Product size: There are usually various sizes, including length, width, height, etc.. To meet different installation requirements.
4. Conductor specifications: Conductor specifications are usually 22AWG to 100AWG. Different conductor specifications for different circuit requirements.
5. Protection level: Protection level is IP20, IP40, P67. Different protection level is suitable for different environmental requirements.
6. Material: the material is usually plastic, metal, etc.. Different materials are suitable for different working environments.
Choosing the right specification of Feed Through Type terminal block can ensure the reliability and safety of electrical connection, and also can improve the working efficiency and reduce the maintenance cost.
Feed Through Type terminal block is a commonly used wire connection device, usually used for circuit connection and internal wiring of electrical equipment. Its main uses are as follows.
1. Connecting wires: the Feed Through Type terminal block can be connected to two wires together, to achieve the circuit connection.
2. Fixed wire: Feed Through Type terminals can be fixed wire position, to prevent the wire from loosening or falling off, so as to ensure the stability and reliability of the circuit
3. Simplify wiring: Compared with the traditional screw terminals and pin terminals, the Feed Through Type terminals have a more convenient and fast connection, greatly simplifying the wiring process, reducing the working time and labour intensity.
4. Improve safety: Feed Through Type terminals using fixed connection, compared to plug type connection, its security is higher, can effectively avoid poor wire contact, short circuit and arc and other safety issues.
Feed Through Type terminals in the electrical equipment manufacturing, circuit connection, home wiring and other aspects have a wide range of applications, is a convenient, fast, safe wire connection device!
Is there any direction of the Feed Through Type Barrier Terminal Block?
Typically, Feed Through Type terminals are non-directional and can be used to insert wires from either side. The contact inside the terminal is a bi-directional spring clip, which can hold the wire in both directions. This is one of the more convenient features of Feed Through Type terminals, as there is no need to consider the positive or negative polarity of the wire, just insert the wire!
However, there are some special models of fence terminals that are directional. These terminals are usually marked with positive and negative polarity markings on the terminals, at which time they need to be wired according to the direction of the markings. So before wiring, it is best to read the instruction manual of the Feed Through Type terminals to determine whether it has direction.